Ticket #1811 (new enhancement)
Make Info pages and Info Box information more meaningful to the user and to enhance readability.
|Reported by:||Andy Gough||Owned by:|
Description (last modified by Turbo) (diff)
One of the most powerful features of XCSoar is the information available to the pilot and the ease of customizing the display of this information to be useful to the needs of individual pilots. As useful as these features are they are not equally easy for everyone to read and comprehend in flight. Basically there is too much information in some boxes and the name labels are not intuitive to all pilots and must be learned by rote to deliver their effectiveness.
Please consider the following additional attributes and parameters to make Info Pages and Info Box information more meaningful to the user and to enhance readability.
AUX INFO PAGE
Allow edit of AUX INFO PAGE names to assign a name that describes the function similar to the default Circling, Cruise and Final Glide.
e.g. AUX INFO PAGE 1 might be configured to provide info prior to the start and might be named START WINDOW or PRE-START or whatever the user finds easier to understand.
Minimum changes required to enhance readability
- Allow individual box names to be edited and renamed or left blank.
e.g. I might like to rename AA dT to FINISHOK someone else may be happier with GOFINISH.
- Add a blank info box with no characters to provide white space. There are plenty of AUX INFO pages. This allows for less information on more pages which reduces clutter and enhances readability.
- Add INFO BOX parameter no borders. Works in conjunction with blank boxes to provides white space.
4.Allow INFO BOX borders to be dragged to increase or decrease width.
- The cruise display below could be configured with the addition of a few new info boxes.
Majority of Info Boxes seem to be three elements, title, main Info and secondary info. If each one of these elements can be selected, i.e mix and match labels and information that can be individually formatted, combined with the 1 to 4 above almost any type of display could be configured.
However 1 to 4 would be a big step forward.
- Description modified (diff)
- Milestone changed from XCSoar 6.4 to XCSoar 6.5