Ticket #1120 (closed enhancement: fixed)
Polar-derived minimum zoom levels
|Reported by:||staylo||Owned by:||Turbo|
|Keywords:||polar zoom paraglider mapwindow cruise climb||Cc:|
Description (last modified by Turbo) (diff)
Paraglider suggestion: TiGuy? @ http://www.paraglidingforum.com/viewtopic.php?p=247423
- Better Zoom (60 - 150m on thermal mode, 100 - 2km on the Cruise mode)
My suggested implementation:
- Set minimum scale based on current polar.
- < jmw> (...) minimum turning radius depends on speed; R scales as V2
Climb: Estimate turning circle at minimum sink, minimum zoom level should allow the entire circle to cover at least 2/3rds of the screen.
Cruise: Estimate distance covered over a set period (30s? 60s?) at stall speed.
- Assuming a PG stall speed of 20kph (5.55m/s): 165m (150m) covered over 30s.
- Owner set to Turbo
- Status changed from new to assigned
- Description modified (diff)
- Milestone changed from XCSoar Wishlist to XCSoar 6.5